The Caribbean Youth Virtual Business Incubator is a one-of-a-kind resourcing and accelerating platform to support youth in agriculture networking and use of know-how for entrepreneurial development. It exists to:
- Respond to the request of over 30 Caribbean youth entrepreneurs from more than 15 countries for a resource platform supporting youth start-ups and enterprises.
- Address a number of information, know-how and how-to barriers that youth entrepreneurs face.
- Foster senior, peer and near-peer mentoring which are proven, effective techniques for actioning learning and application of good practices.
- Build more effective channels of communication, motivation, idea-generation and networking between youth and youth entrepreneurs.
- Emphasize that youth entrepreneurship, particularly in agriculture, is of strategic importance to the future of Caribbean economies.
- Be a place where development organisations, businesses, governments, civil society organisations and individuals can help young people get started in business.
CAFY is a key mechanism for the involvement of youth in commercial agriculture and for the sharing of experiences, policy dialogue, and strategy development to foster increased involvement of youth in agriculture in a qualitative and quantitative manner.
CTA is a joint international Institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU) with the mission to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in the ACP through innovations in sustainable agriculture. It is committed to sustainable development, increasing prosperity and improving the wellbeing of agricultural and rural populations in ACP countries in a cost-effective and environmentally friendly manner. This is demonstrated in its focus and approach to collaboration with partners, exemplifying transparency and accountability in all its projects to all its stakeholders.
IICA is a specialized agency of the Inter-American System for agriculture that supports the efforts of Member States to achieve agricultural development and rural well-being through international technical cooperation. This mandate is achieved through an on-the-ground presence throughout North, Central and South America and the Caribbean.
The NEST is a networking team of Caribbean professionals and stakeholders that supports the operation of the Caribbean VBI by nurturing and equipping entrepreneurs for strategic and technical transformation (i.e. NEST). It is comprised of a team of experienced and passionate educators, entrepreneurs, advisors, consultants and youth advocates from across the Caribbean supporting entrepreneurship, education, business development and skill development. Besides being extremely good at what they do, the NEST team have a personal interest and desire to support Caribbean entrepreneurs – particularly youth.